Monday, 1 September 2008

A bereavement for an Orphan perished in fire

I missed this piece of news while away on my holiday.
Was shocked and sadden after reading the followed up news yesterday from the Star newspaper.

Ti-Ratana Welfare Society's girl dormitory caught fire in the early morning of 8th of August 2008, the day the world celebrated the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics.

All the girls were rushed to safety except one young seven year old Chiew Yee Ser whose life was taken away by the raging fire that started from the back portion of the two story building. She was apparently pinned to the bed by some fallen objects and people were unable to reach her in the intense heat even though they tried breaking the window panels.

The home housed 160 orphans including infants, boys and girls. The dormitory destroyed in the fire was one of the three that accommodate all the orphans. The fire also damaged part of the altar located next to the girls dormitory. The children also lost their clothes, school uniforms, books, toys and computers.

In conjunction with Ti-Ratana 11th Anniversary, a fund raising dinner was planned and to be held at Desa Water Park, Taman Danau Desa, Kuala Lumpur which falls on Saturday, 20th September, 2008.

According to Ms Christina of Ti-Ratana, the dinner price for each table of 10 persons will be sold at RM800.00. The funds raised will be partly spared for the restoration works of the destroyed buildings.

In remembrance of Chiew Yee Ser, let us meet together in this dinner to pray for her a better life at the other side of the world and also helping the residents of Ti-Ratana pull through this difficult time.

If you wish to take part in this dinner, kindly contact:

Ti-Ratana Welfare Society
Lot 16106, Jalan 13 B,
Salak South Bahru (Desa Petaling),
57100 Kuala Lumpur Malaysia [MAP]
Tel: 03-7988 1818, 7981 2121
Fax: 03-7988 1888
Email: e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Pour unreservedly your care and moral support to those orphans who survived in this fire by attending the dinner. Your warmth and love will help them put behind that traumatic and taunting experience they went thru in the absence of their parents.

No comments: