Our recent visit to Klang Utama Caring Home saw children were all jammed into one house together with the girls, the burned down house was the boys' home. It was reported that the fire was caused by a short circuit wire and was lucky that it happened in the school day afternoon where not many boys were in.
We made a cash donation collected from our generous friends which total up at RM2,150.00.
Spoke to the caretaker, Mdm Usah on the phone and the latest update was, there are now 23 girls and 23 boys aged from 1 year 4 months to 22 years old (including 3 handicapped children) registered with the home and they are since renting another double storey house nearby the girls' home and the boys have now settled down. Their predicament is partially taken care of except the monthly rental for the continuity of the children livelihood.
Mdm Usah was urging the public to drop in and help them in whichever way possible.