Friday 14 March 2008

Six Billion Paths to Peace


An email received today made me excited! It was an invitation to New York to attend a rally – Six Billion Paths to Peace, initiated by Shinnyo-en Foundation.
I am not excited about going to New York, but rather about my blog being able to reach someone across the world that shares the same belief as mine.

Mr David Fishman from the Shinnyo-en Foundation said this in the email, “For many of us, a path to peace is about performing small selfless acts of kindness they take in their daily lives, which in return often inspire others to do the same; perhaps by sharing your efforts on your blog, and others can be compelled to contribute as well”.
Yes, I have all along been aspired to spread the message of love, compassion and the readiness to help through my blog and harbored with the hope of creating positive ripple effects that bring about greater harmony and peace to the world, as I believe that every small little way counts.

He also encouraged me to join in by writing my path to peace here, which I hope all of you readers out there can also drop a line or two to help amplify and inspire others and thus help achieve the six billion target and at the same time help making this world a better place.
The path to peace submitted on the website or by text messaging to 334455 on March 20th, will be shared with millions of others on the Reuters board that day! It's fun and meaningful, don’t miss this chance folks!

There are no great things, only small things with great love. Happy are those.
~ Mother Teresa

No comments: