Tuesday 28 October 2008

My aunt - her 86th birthday



This is my aunt, the only relative from my mom's side of family.

We celebrated her
86th birthday at my house last weekend. We respect her a lot because she was the only relative who really cared about us when we were young. I always remember those days when my mom was stricken by cancer and our home turned topsy-turvy, it was then that my aunt travelled all the way from her house with her daughter, sister Soo, by bus to bring us food and to cook for us. Most importantly, she calmed us from the feeling of anxiety and fear of seeing my mom who was seriously ill. She showered us with loads of TLC when we needed it the most. Those feelings are still very fresh in my mind although it was 18 years back.

Then, 10 years later, we lost our dearest sister to cancer again. This time, aunt was again a pillar of strength to us. Her gentle words were ever comforting and taught us to let go. She taught us that life can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forward.

Today we are a bunch of happy brothers and sister who treasure the meaning of "happiness". We make time to have a weekly get-together, because it is best that we cherish people and make precious memories while they are still around.







Kiew Poh, we wish you many more birthdays ahead and great health always!



No comments: