To all our dearest family members, relatives, friends and stranger friends who would like to help out.
My niece, Lee An Qi, aged 12 was recently diagnosed with a fatal liver illness Hepatocellular carcinoma cancer. Doctor has indicated a very short survival life span. The only way out is through a liver transplant. Lee An Qi is a second child in the family. She has an elder brother which is in form 2. Lee An Qi is in SMK Sri Muatiara, Taynton View, Cheras, KL. She has stop schooling for 5 months due to liver illness.
Lee An Qi parents, father : Lee Kok Ping age 43 is attached to XXXX Hardware Trading Co. and mother : Siew Mei Yin age 41 a housewife. They are very worried and do not know what to do, unfortunately both parents are not of the same blood group and non of the immediate family members have the 'O' type blood group which is suitable for her transplant. An Qi chances of survival is very slim or i would say zero. We now earnestly sincerely seek all of your assistance to circulate this email, especially to those who knew the family & An Qi to come forward giving only part of your liver to save her life. If for certain reasons you are unable to do so, we would very much appreciate if you would forward this email to everyone you know.
Following are some information Pertaining to Donor Assessment:-
- Age : 21 - 54
- Donor must be physically fit and liver functioning well. Have adequate size and suitable anatomy.
- Same blood group or blood group 'O'
( Lee An Qi is 'O' group, she only can take 'O' blood group )
- Should not have significant medical problem.
- Hepatities B and C and HIV should be negative
- Donor will assessed by doctors. Cardiologist ( if necessary ) before transplant. After transplant donor will stay in hospital for 7 days and should be able to resume works after 1 month.
( unless donor are involoved in heavy physical work )
Donor's liver will REGAIN BACK to its normal size after a few months.
If you would like to help and require further information.