"I don't feel that this is unfair. That's the thing about cancer. I'm not the only one, it happens all the time to people. I'm not special, this just intensifies what I did. It gives it more meaning. It'll inspire more people. I just wish people will realise that anything's possible if you try; dreams are made possible if you try." Terry Fox
ON THE ROAD OF HOPE FOR CANCER RESEARCH
One of the world’s biggest charity runs is on again, with two routes: the normal 5km, and a 3.5km family route.
Participation is free, no registration required. Just turn up during the run day but T-shirts will be on sale for a token RM25, if you’d like to donate.
Proceeds raised from the sale of T-shirts will be donated to CARIF (Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation) Malaysia.
Details of the event:
Date: Sunday, 1 November 2009
Venue: Flag off @ 9.00 am Taman Tasik Perdana (Lake Gardens) (Be there by 8.45am)
Rules & Regulations:
1) All participants must run on the designated route. There are 2 routes- 5km and 3.5km for the family run.
2) For wheelchair bound, and physically challenged participants, please note that there are slopes along the run route.
3) Participants are to be at the assembly area by 8.45 a.m.
4) No registration required. Just turn up during the run day. You can buy the Terry Fox Run official t-shirt, RM25 each.
Limited parking is available on site, and public transport is recommended.
The organisers, their agents, representatives, successors and assigns, are not liable for any injuries suffered, damage and loss of properties by participants at this event
Ms Yoon / Mr Peter Kang, CARIF, 2nd floor, OPC, Sime Darby Medical Centre, T: 03-56391874.
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Cancer Research Initiatives Foundation (CARIF), 2nd Floor, Outpatient Centre, Sime Darby Medical Centre (From 15th Oct, Mon to Fri, 9.00am to 5.00pm)
2) Canadian High Commission, Menara Tan & Tan, Jalan Tun Razak, Kuala Lumpur (From 15th Oct, Mon to Thurs, 8.30am to 12.00pm, 2.00pm to 4.00pm, Fridays 8.30am to 12.00pm)
3) Foyer, Menara Citibank, Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur (from 26th Oct to 30th Oct 12.00 to 2.00pm)
4) 1 Utama (23rd, 24th & 25th October - 10am to 9.00pm)
5) Bangsar Village (24th & 25th October - 10am to 9.00pm)
|Terry Fox Run 2009 T Shirt Sizes|