Wednesday 27 February 2008

The Difference Between Strength and Courage

Went to SJMC yesterday with my hubby for a routine medical check-up. My heart was throbbing when the Imaging Department doctor called me in again for an "unscheduled" Ultra Sound scan while waiting for the result of the mammogram which was done just a while earlier... in my mind was like, is there something they have discovered in the mammogram that needed further probing? Although it is just a few minutes of waiting for my turn, I felt like time has stopped, my heart dropped, my body numbed and my mind went astray. Those horrible imaginations came crushing in...

Then this strong arm came hugging me tightly and gave me the words of comfort, he is the pillar of strength and courage, he is the shelter of storm and thunder, he is my husband. Babe, thank you for being there.

The moment Dr. Rohaya came out from the examination room, she showed a thumb up sign to my hubby. At this moment, a relief hug was all I needed. I felt that I was given a new lease of life!

God, please accept my eternal gratefulness for taking care of me.

Not forgetting those in the stormy sea, you have my unreserved supports and courages.

It takes strength to be firm,
It takes courage to be gentle.

It takes strength to stand guard,
It takes courage to let down your guard.

It takes strength to conquer,
It takes courage to surrender.

It takes strength to be certain,
It takes courage to have doubt.

It takes strength to fit in,
It takes courage to stand out.

It takes strength to feel a friend's pain,
It takes courage to feel your own pain.

It takes strength to hide your own pains,
It takes courage to show them.

It takes strength to endure abuse,
It takes courage to stop it.

It takes strength to stand alone,
It takes courage to lean on another.

It takes strength to love,
It takes courage to be loved.

It takes strength to survive,
It takes courage to live.

~ Author Unknown

No comments: